Solar power by AM Solar
On our first cross-country trip of 2019, we traveled from east Tennessee to AM Solar in Springfield, Oregon for a week-long solar upgrade appointment. AM Solar has installed power systems on thousands of vehicles and built a highly respected reputation in the RV world as the leader in solar power.
Our solar rep was Roger Carroll. Roger is a full-time RVer and has been with AM Solar since 2009. He is extremely customer focused and knowledgeable about AM Solar products. Over the course of several weeks, he helped us determine the solar requirements for our Airstream Classic 30 and all aspects of the installation. Working with Roger and the installation crew at AM Solar was easily one of the best purchase experiences we've ever had.
Our new solar setup consists primarily of the following.
- 6 - Zamp Solar ZS98 100-watt Solar Panels (600 watts)
- 2 - LifeBlue LiFePO4 12V300Ah Lithium Batteries (600Ah)
- 1 - Victron Color Control GX Monitor
- 1 - Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 (50A)
- 1 - Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor
- 1 - Victron Multiplus 3000VA Inverter/Charger with Smart ATS
- 1 - Easy Start Kit (for A/C Start Assist)
How does it perform? Amazing. We can now travel indefinitely without ever removing the power cord from the trunk.
This is not a paid promotion for AM Solar. We are just happy customers with a life-changing level of freedom in our Airstream travels. Thank you, AM Solar!